Senior SQL Server DBA
Citco is a global leader in fund services, corporate governance and related asset services with staff across 80 offices worldwide. With more than $1 trillion in assets under administration, we deliver end-to-end solutions and exceptional service to meet our clients’ needs.
For more information about Citco, please visit www.citco.com
About The Team & Business Line
Proprietary software solutions and innovation are at the core of what differentiates Citco in the alternative investment space. Through our network of global development centers, Citco invests heavily in technology development, security, and infrastructure to ensure our clients continue to receive award-winning products that underpin our commitment to service excellence.
As a core member of our Technology Services IT team, you will work with dedicated professionals to ensure our clients maintain access to their critical information assets while keeping Citco ahead of industry trends. The SQL DBA is responsible for deploying, configuring and supporting mainly SQL Server based applications and systems. The ideal candidate will have seven or more years of experience with database systems in a financial services organization supporting banking and/or trading applications.
The position is predominantly for a Microsoft SQL Server Production DBA but some exposure to Oracle or PostgreSQL is an advantage. Exposure to Cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, Terraform also an advantage.
The SQL Server Database Administrator will be responsible for implementation, administration and maintenance of the companies’ 200+ Production and UAT/QA SQL Servers. Investigates and resolve database performance issues, database capacity issues, transactional and merge replication issues and other distributed environment issues. Performs database backup and recovery. Maintains user accounts to protect data from unauthorized users. Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software related problems. Maintains data files and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity and security.
SQL Server Related
- Knowledge of SQL Server database engine internals and features such as; SSIS, SSAS, Reporting services. Data structures and data allocation, memory usage, record locking, system objects and underlying system schema, use of administration and optimization tools, configurations settings, error log interpretation.
- Experience in investigation and resolution of Production performance issues.
- Strong performance monitoring experience with Windows OS tools and Extended Events.
- Knowledge of PowerShell an advantage.
- While the job itself does not have a significant development element, experience with TSQL development to understand developer issues in Production would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of the difference between the various backup and restore methods and the appropriate situation when to use which.
- Knowledge of SQL Replication types, its internal and external mechanisms, how it affects server resources and how those resources and network conditions affect it.
- Knowledge of AlwaysOn.
- SQL Server Security models, authentication modes, Implementation and maintenance of server level and database object level security. Role types and role level versus user level security, login and permissions auditing.
- Available for support outside normal business hours, weekend. On-call support will be required.
- Some travel may be required.
Oracle Related (an Advantage)
- Proficiency with Database Administration in an Oracle/Linux environment
- Performance tuning analysis on Oracle databases
- Use of RMAN, Data Pump and pluggable clone capabilities for data restore and movement
- Exposure to Oracle appliances (Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle Database Appliance)
- Use of Oracle Enterprise Manager for administration, monitoring and configuration
AWS Related (an Advantage)
- Experience using RDS in various technologies (SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL)
- Performance investigation into AWS infrastructure through Performance Insights and CloudWatch
- Exposure to other services (EC2, CloudFormation, DMS)
- Minimum of seven years’ experience administering Microsoft SQL Server. Specifically with SQL Server 2014 through 2019. Familiarity with SQL language, relational database concepts and standards, best practices and procedures relating to database administration.
- Must be a self-starter and have strong initiative. Able to work a shift mainly solo.
- Must have the confidence to deal with non-standard and complex situations and show tenacity in investigation and drive to effect a resolution.
- Must be a lifelong learner who is curious about the technology behind the job. Is self-motivated to be continuously learning.
- Must be willing and happy to share knowledge with the team and to mentor less experienced staff.
- Must have excellent technical skills and knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server operating system.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and troubleshooting skills with excellent verbal/written skills are required.
- Microsoft certified in database administration a plus.
- This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Your wellbeing is of paramount importance to us, and central to our success. We provide a range of benefits, training and education support, and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve success in your career while balancing personal needs. Ask us about specific benefits in your location.
We recognize diversity as a source of organizational pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization.
Citco welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection.